OXYGEN VSA GENERATORS
The Vacuum Swing Adsorption (VSA) technology for O2 production is one of the variations of the PSA process specially engineered for low pressure O2 applications. The O2 VSA technology makes use of a specific zeolite adsorbent that takes advantage of the higher adsorption selectivity at lower pressure. The adsorption step is carried out feeding air from a blower at a maximum pressure of 2000 mbar(abs), followed by a regeneration step under vacuum (ranging from 200 to 500 mbar (abs)).
The most relevant advantage of the O2 VSA compared to O2 PSA is a 50% reduction in the power consumption for O2 production.
This technology can produce O2 with a purity ranging from 75% to 93,5%. The product pressure is 300 mbarg without any supplementary compression stage. Higher pressures can be achieved using an additional blower for O2 to reach 2 barg, and scroll or piston compressors to reach up to 8 barg.
O2 VSA is a very good value for money when it comes to heavy duty applications requiring continuous consumption of O2 at low pressure.
• Low power demand: <0,4 kWh/Nm3 @ 90% O2, @500 mbarg
• O2 purity up to 93% (dew point < -50ºC @ 0 barg)
• Lower maintenance compared to O2 PSA
• No pre-treatment required for inlet air
• Longer adsorbent lifetime compared to O2 PSA
• Compression up to 8 barg available
• O2 sensor & output signal for remote monitoring
• Skid or container mounted for mobility